Model CTD-5 120VAC, Capacitor Trip Device, DC-400Hz, ITI
Provides a source of energy for circuit breaker and switch trip coil operation during a loss of AC control voltage.
Nominal 120 Volts ac , or 240 Volts ac is is applied between the “ INPUT ” and “ COMMON ” terminals. This voltage is half wave rectified and applied across the trip capacitor, giving
an output trip voltage. The charge stored in these capacitors is available between the ‘+’ and “ COMMON ” terminals for breaker trip coil operation. The half wave rectification
circuitry provides the advantage of maintaining a common neutral connection from input while still maintaining the charge in the the trip capacitor after control power is lost.
The capacitor is continuously charged when control power is available, providing energy for normal trip coil operation. Energy for the trip coil operation is immediately available
with the loss of control power. When the control power returns, the capacitor automatically charges to supply energy for the next trip coil.
An alarm relay is incorporated to continuously monitor the input and output condition of the device. The relay is normally energy when both input and output voltage are present. If
either the input voltage is lost or the output voltage falls below 85% of the normal output level the output alarm contacts transfer to their de-energized status state. LED indicates
normal operation. The LED goes out when the alarm contacts transfer to their de-energized state.
- Normal Input Voltage: 120V
- Max. Input Voltage: 132Vac
- Available Energy: 64 joules
- Normal Output Voltage: 169 Volts DC
- Approx charge time to 90 % at 25 °C: 1.4s
- Capacitance: 4500 uF +20 % @ 25 °C
- Temp. Influence on cap.: -10 %@ -30 °C/ ±5 %@+60 °C
- Operating temperature range: -30 °C to 60 °C
- Storage temp range: -50 °C to 80 °C
- Short Circuit Protection: Continuous
- Mounting: Vertical or horizontal
- Input Surge Protection: MOV protected to 65 joules pulse surge
- Output Contact Rating:
- 5 A, 250 VAC
- 5 A, 30 VDC
- 2 A, 250 VAC
- 3 A, 30 VDC
- 1/6 HP, 120 VAC
- 1/3 HP, 240 VAC
|Brand||Instrument Transformers Inc|
|Input Frequency||DC, 50Hz, 60Hz, 400Hz|