This Privacy Statement details Instrument Meter Specialties policies with respect to the handling of personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") submitted to or otherwise collected by Instrument Meter Specialties via Instrument Meter Specialties website(s), e-mail/mail, and/or over the phone. Instrument Meter Specialties will use and disclose Personal Information in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement.
Personal Information we collect
Personal Information is information which can be used to identify an individual. We collect Personal Information any time we communicate with a party. The Personal Information collected includes information provided to us directly by individuals. The collection of Personal Information described herein is necessary for providing Products and/or Services. This information includes but is not limited to:
- Consumer Name
- Contact information (such as email address, phone number, and mailing/shipping address)
- Order and payment information
We collect other information, such as:
- How and which Products and/or Services are ordered
- Customer account information, including account information we may gather from third party sources
- Information provided to us through means such as social media or when you contact us through our website.
How we use Personal Information
Usage and disclosure of Personal Information varies based on a party's relationship with Instrument Meter Specialties. Instrument Meter Specialties primarily uses this information to:
- Provide Products and/or Services
- Facilitate the processing of payment transactions
- Respond to requests and inquiries
- Provide support services
- Send administrative information, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies
- Administer promotions or contests
- Facilitate social sharing functionality
- Analyze and monitor Services usage and to make improvements
- Help secure the Services, prevent fraud and enforce our policies
- Help personalize our Services
- Communicate about other Instrument Meter Specialties services
- To make contact, directly or through a third party vendor, to complete a survey or questionnaire
- To communicate, directly or through a third party vendor, about Instrument Meter Specialties offerings, about general company news and industry trends, and to address responses to a survey or questionnaire
- Compile information for use on an aggregated and de-identified basis
- Conduct data analysis and research, audits, develop new products, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities
- Perform other activities with consent
How we share Personal Information
We will only share Personal Information as described in this policy. Specifically, we may share Personal Information:
- As necessary to perform the Services and to complete payment transactions
- With companies and vendors that help us to operate our business by providing services such as website hosting, fraud screening, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services
- With third parties that have contracted with Instrument Meter Specialties to perform certain functions on our behalf
- With third parties sponsors of promotions or contests where consent has been given
- To comply with law or other legal obligations such as responding to subpoenas, or other requests from public and government agencies, including laws and other legal obligations outside a party's country of residence
- To protect our rights, operations or property, or that of our users
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential or suspected illegal activities, fraud, threats to the personal safety of any person, or violations of the Service's terms and conditions
- With a purchaser of all or a unit of Instrument Meter Specialties (or the majority of Instrument Meter Specialties or its unit's assets), a merger, acquisition, or internal reorganization of Instrument Meter Specialties or a unit of Instrument Meter Specialties
- With consent
Please note that any information posted to public areas such as on our social media pages may be seen by other visitors.
Accessing or editing Personal Information
Instrument Meter Specialties may be contacted by phone, fax, and/or email to request that we update, or correct the Personal Information collected. Please note, that consistent with local law, Instrument Meter Specialties may retain Personal Information for auditing purposes, to troubleshoot problems, assist with investigations, enforce our policies or comply with legal requirements. Please note that we are not responsible for permitting the review, or the updating or deleting Personal Information provided to a third party, including any social media platform or wireless service provider.
Third Parties and Linked services
Instrument Meter Specialties is not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, including any Personal Information disclosed to other organizations through or in connection with the Services. The inclusion of a link on the Instrument Meter Specialties website does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by Instrument Meter Specialties.
We will retain Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law or regulation.
Use of the Services by minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Services.
How to contact Instrument Meter Specialties regarding your privacy concerns and questions and opting out
If you have questions or comments about our privacy practices, or if you want Instrument Meter Specialties to correct your Information that is stored on Instrument Meter Specialties systems, please submit your request in writing to:
Instrument Meter Specialties
339 E Avenue K 8 #105
Lancaster, CA 93535
Subject to our ability to verify your request, Instrument Meter Specialties will correct the information within thirty (30) days of receipt of your request.